The hospital bill does not include fees of any treating physicians.
- Physicians’ fees are billed separately by physicians and are not part of the hospital bill. These include but are not limited to physicians in the following areas: anesthesia, emergency department, laboratory or radiology. You may receive separate bills from physicians who were either associates of your primary care physician or were called in for consultation by your primary physician during your hospitalization. These physicians will bill separately.
- If a physician’s interpretation or reading is required for diagnostic or therapeutic testing, you will receive a separate bill. In some cases, the physician may not participate with your insurance plan even though you have been approved for care at Raritan Bay Medical Center. It is always wise to ask your doctor or caregiver about their participation with your plan.
- If you do not have insurance coverage, a hospital bill will be sent directly to you shortly after discharge. If you have provided us with insurance information, you will be billed for any charges, deductibles, co-insurance amounts not paid by your insurance carrier. Your prompt payment of any balance due is appreciated and necessary to afford collection activity.
- For your convenience Raritan Bay Medical Center accepts cash, personal check, money orders, AMEX, VISA, MasterCard or Discover for payment.
Information about Financial Assistance
State Funded Charity Care
- Raritan Bay Medical Center participates with the State Funded Charity Care Hospital Subsidy Program. This cost based subsidy has specific guidelines and regulations associated with income, family size and assets. This program covers only medically necessary services and patients must apply to determine eligibility. Physician charges are NOT covered. Please contact the financial assistance department.
- The patient is responsible for providing all required information and will continue to receive bills until a determination has been made.
- Financial Counseling is available Monday to Friday at the Perth Amboy campus.
Hospital Based Financial Assistance
- Raritan Bay Medical Center understands that not all patients are covered by health insurance. For our patients that are not covered by health insurance and do not meet the charity care guidelines, we provide a ‘patient-friendly’ discount. This discount is automatically taken at the time of billing, so no request is needed.
- In addition to our discount, patients that cannot afford to pay their balance in full may request monthly payment plans. You must contact our business office to request a monthly payment by calling (732) 324- 5059.
Available Monday to Friday at Perth Amboy, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., call (732) 324-3314.
The hospital has financial counselors to assist you regarding the assistance process.
- We encourage all applicants to apply as near to the time of service as possible. All patients have ONE year from day of service to apply for financial assistance.
- The patient is responsible for providing information during the qualification process and will continue to receive bills until all qualifications and criteria have been met.