How to Apply
Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program participates and accepts applications only via ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). We are known as JFK Medical Center/Raritan Bay Medical Center Program AAMC ID: 1403321466
The minimum requirements to apply to the program are:
- Must have a valid ECFMG certificate (International Medical Graduates).
- Must have a medical school degree.
- Must have passed the USMLE Examinations on parts I and II with scores of 225 or above on first attempt. The CS examination should be passed on first attempt, as well.
- Possessing USMLE III is a clear advantage and may be highly valued.
- Must have U.S. citizenship, Permanent Residency (Green card)
- There should be no significant gaps in practicing medicine from the time of graduation to the time of making application, or at any time.
- U.S. clinical experience is not mandatory, but if an applicant possess it in the form of training, observer-ship, research activities or externship it is an advantage and will be highly valued.
- Three letters of recommendation are required.
- Internationally recognized qualifications such as M.R.C.P. and F.R.C.P. could be an advantage.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is November 30th of every year.
Applicants selected for an interview will receive a letter of invitation.
The above requirements are established by the faculty and the Selection Committee. For additional information or questions, kindly do not hesitate to contact Nancy Weber, Program Coordinator, at 732-324-5080.