- Massage – Practitioners specialize in rejuvenating massage, Swedish massage, sports massage and other techniques which can relieve tension, restore function and alleviate pain.
- Reflexology – The application of varying degrees of pressure to specific points on the feet or hands to affect another part of the body. These techniques stimulate pressure sensors, triggering the relaxation response throughout the body and helps restore the body’s natural balance and wellbeing.
- Reiki – Gentle and effective energy practices promoting healing as the practitioner uses light touch, or without touch, to bring balance and comfort, promote relaxation, ease pain and improve sleep.
- Guided Imagery – A technique that uses CDs or a practitioner to direct the imagination toward a peaceful state using the breath, images, and words. Very effective in promoting relaxation and pain relief.
- The Relax and Let Healing Begin series, created by the RBMC Integrative Medicine Team, is available at HackensackMeridianHealth.org/GuidedImagery. The series includes 4 programs:
- Easing Pain
- Sailing Through Surgery
- Sound Sleep
- Yoga-combines physical movement, meditation and breathing techniques to help produce a state of relaxation
- Wellness Programs
- Group Classes
- Breathing & Meditation techniques
- Pet Therapy (through RBMC’s Volunteer Services Department)
Services are administered by qualified, credentialed practitioners.