Same Day Surgery
The Same Day Surgery Centers at Raritan Bay Medical Center are technologically advanced and provide a comfortable environment for you and your family. The Centers provide the convenience of one location for your procedure plus the comfort in knowing that other hospital resources are available should you need additional care.
- Admission, education, procedure, recovery and discharge are all located in one convenient location
- Comfortable waiting rooms for your loved ones with complimentary hot refreshments, snacks, television and wireless internet services
- Free parking (in Perth Amboy, please have your parking stub validated)
- Pagers are provided for your family should they need to leave the waiting room
Our entire staff strives to make each patient’s time at Raritan Bay Medical Center as comfortable as possible in order to ensure they return home with a relaxed, positive attitude conducive to healing.
- Our Magnet designated nurses are board certified in perioperative, endosocopic and perianesthesia nursing care. Our perianesthesia nursing team members are certified in critical care nursing, as well as advanced cardiovascular life support program (ACLS) and pediatric advanced life support program (PALS)
- Our anesthesiologists provide local, regional, and general anesthesia as well as specialize in pain management
Pre-Admission Testing (PAT)
For those patients requiring PAT, we will schedule a convenient appointment, up to 30 days prior to surgery. Most appointments last about an hour.
- Prior to the appointment, patients will receive medical history forms to be completed and brought to the appointment and will receive any special instructions in regards to their testing
- At the appointment, a registered nurse will review your personal surgery instructions including surgery arrival time and when to stop eating or drinking, and complete a nursing assessment
- Professionals from all areas are available to answer any questions you or your family may have
- Any diagnostic tests (for example, blood work, EKG, or x-rays) that your doctor may have ordered are all done in this one convenient location
Exceptional Standards of Care
Raritan Bay Medical Center is a nationally designated Magnet hospital for nursing excellence. The Same Day Surgery Centers are proud to maintain compliance with professional licensing standards and are accredited by the Joint Commission. They adhere to the practice standards of the Association of Perioperative Nurses, Society of Gastrointestinal Nurses and Association of Perianesthesia Nurses.